Sermon Discussion Time
- Have you ever been in a situation where you felt like your being there had no purpose or what you were contributing did not matter? How did that make you feel?
Read Ephesians 3:1-3
- When you think of the word ‘grace’ in relationship to God, what comes to mind?
- “Your understanding of God’s grace is key to understanding your purpose and value in life”
- Looking at this statement, what changes for you when think of grace in a new way, that grace is a gift from God, a task that God gives us to do?
Read Ephesians 3:8-11
- In these verses Paul talks about how he was a person who, because of his past, should have been the last person God would have chosen to tell people about Jesus.
- With the knowledge that God chooses us, includes us in his plan because he loves us and values us, how does this change your view of yourself and how God can reveal your true purpose? Do you believe it?
- Part of God’s grace is that he includes the Church as part of his plan to reveal his wisdom and greatness to the world. When you think of the church, here and around the world, is this what comes to mind? Why or why not?
- When you think of your role in the church, here at Living Hope Alliance, what does that look like?
- God’s grace shows us that we are valued, loved, and have purpose. Going forward this week, what do you think would change if you asked these two questions of God
- “What do you see when you look at me?”
- “What is the purpose you created me for?”
- Going forward into this week, encourage one another to ask these questions of God and check in next week to see what God has revealed.
- Share an experience with your group about a time when you felt you were part that was sharing God’s wisdom and making him known. Was it at work? In church? At home?
- Going forward into your week, take time to pray, asking God to show you his vision for your work situation, your relationships at home and in the community, and in the Church.
- When you meet together next week, share some of your stories and cheer each other on!