Sermon Discussion Time
- We all have rocky points in our lives, ‘turbulence’ times where things feel like there’s something working against us. Share with the group a time in your life when you have experienced this or if there is turbulence in your life right now.
Read Ephesians 6:10-20
- The deeper we dig into our relationship with God and discover more about who he created us to be, we are going to face spiritual pushback. There may be old behaviours that will sidetrack or distract you. When this happens we need to rely on the power of God and the Holy Spirit to help us through and change our thoughts.
- When you think about this power that is available to us, how do you think life would change as you begin to ask God to help you live out your real identity?
- Just like children want to imitate their parents, God equips us to look more like him as we know him better. What is one way you would like to look more like Christ? Why?
- Take time to think about the images of the armour of God: belt of truth, body armour of righteousness, shoes of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and sword of the Spirit.
- Thinking about your daily life, which one of these pieces of armour do you wish you had at your disposal?
- What could you do this week to seek God’s help and power in that way?
- Becoming the real you as God has designed and intended includes three things, standing firm, putting on the armour of God, and listening to him. Take time to talk with the group about what this looks like for you and ask them to pray for you in these areas.
- This is the last week of our Ephesians sermon series. Take time to process with your group some of the things that you have learned during these past 7 weeks.
- What questions have you asked God and what has he said?
- How has your relationship with God changed over these weeks?
- What have you learned about God’s view of you and your real identity?
- Take time to pray for each other going forward.